Friday, September 11, 2009

The Crunchy with the Smooth



WHEN I WAS A KID my mother would play these Joni Mitchell records over and over. She would dance around in her mo mo and get super sentimental and it would drive me insane to hear, Blue over and over again. Fast forward 30 years and here I am wearing out, Hymns Of The 49th Parallel by KD Lang. It's probably old news to everyone else in the world but I've only just discovered this fantastic recording. I love KD Lang and I'm pretty sure I'll drive my son up the same wall with it.

See her perform Leonard Coen's, Hallelujah by clicking HERE.

On a more strained note we have Larry Gowan performing with the STYX reunion. Have a look at the photo below. This image describes the opposite of KD Lang.

1 comment:

  1. It was a muumuu not a mo mo and the album was Ladies of the Canyon. There were equally other annoying albums I would play too. Like Three Dog Night, Santana, Alice Cooper. Richard Pryscock's, This is my Beloved was my crying album but maybe you were already tucked up tight in your bed dreaming of peanut butter sandwiches, yet again, for your lunch. LU 88888

    ReplyDelete