Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Harry Dean


SPEAKING OF ECONOMY OF LINE, HOW ABOUT Harry Dean Stanton? Him and Anthony Hopkins are two artists that understand the power of stillness.

ON HIS ROLE IN, PARIS, TEXAS
"The whole film evolved on a very organic level. It almost had a documentary feel to it. It wasn't odd to be in the lead, I took the same approach as I would to any other part. I play myself as totally as I possibly can. My own Harry Dean Stanton act . . . I don't know whatever happened to Travis. I'd say . . . it's me. Still searching for liberation, or enlightenment, for lack of a better way to put it, and realizing that it might happen, it might not."

2 comments:

  1. Harry Dean in "Big Love" he defines creepiness. His character makes me shudder when he talks about taking a new bride....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. More Religion to come . . .

    ReplyDelete