Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Hirshfeld

LAST SUMMER MY WIFE SON AND I SPENT the most lovely day in Niagara On The Lake where the Shaw Festival was holding an exhibit of some of Al Hirshfeld's theatrical caricatures. We ate chocolate bread and checked out the 'Line King'.

My good friend and animation powerhouse Sean LeBlanc turned me onto this clip of Hirshfeld drawing. I particularly love the moment when he follows the imagined line of drapery behind Paul Newman's pointed finger.

99 years old. I have so much to learn . . .

Go to this address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC1t2DmCeAU



2 comments:

  1. Hey Nick. Nice to see you have a blog. Thanks for posting this video link. So inspiring. I haven't seen it before. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

    Ciao
    mb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael. You're an inspiration.

    Best, Nick

    ReplyDelete